Goodreads asked Michele Wesley:

Michele Wesley Reading a lot of Paranormal Romance, I started to see the same characters and scenarios over and over. I wanted to change up the game and push readers to allow themselves to think outside the box that has been built around our Paranormal Romance novels. The main character and heroine in Smoke & Fire is a black female, certainly not a typical character in Paranormal Romance novels. The co-main character and hero, Mycale, is white and Sori’s love interest. I was inspired to introduce readers to the something different they may be hoping for and probably wasn’t expecting. This book has a raw edgy feel that I believe readers will appreciate. I wasn’t afraid to show character flaws and weaknesses that any normal person can relate to. I also pushed the character’s moral compass a bit, pushing them to straddle a line of what society deem decent or inappropriate. I gave the reader romance and sex. Not bad sex either, good nail-breaking, talk dirty, grab the sheets, and a hand full of hair kind of sex.

I know...long way around answering the question, but the idea for my recent book came as a result of me writing something what I'd like to read.