Kasha Kabrinka
Kasha Kabrinka asked Ki Longfellow:

You write in so many styles. Is this something you work at or can't you stick with one? I only ask because I write too and find I repeat myself. Any help would be appreciated?

Ki Longfellow I love so many styles, so many genres. But mostly it's a matter of the story I'm telling. The story that tells itself to me dictates the style. A passive King James voice for my historical novels. A snappy vernacular quasi-movie dialogue for Sam my detective. An unreliable narrator for what I had to be told was horror. My attempt at "best seller" writing (hah) for my first two published books. The interior voice, nothing seen save from her POV, for my woman who thought dying seemed a good idea. It's the story that dictates the style. I can't stick with one because my tales are seldom alike. If I COULD stick with one style, I might be successful.