Carson
Carson asked Jane Yolen:

I would like to ask, as you very often delve into the worlds of fantasy and fairytale, what is your favorite fairytale and what is your favorite mythical creature? I love to find obscure fairy tales and read Andrew Lang's colored fairy books. Thank you for considering my question.

Jane Yolen I have many favorites--Beauty and the Beast in the older versions. (Hate the Disney which feels like a recipe for Battered Wife Syndrome to me!). Little Brother and Sister from the Grimms (I have a younger brother I feel very protective of). The Goose Girl (Grimms, because she is so pro-active in her own defense.) And again a Grimms tale "Faithful John" the speak truth to power and putting your own body on the line for the greater good kind of guy.

My two favorite mythical anials are unicorns and dragons. But I also adore selchies.