Maddy
Maddy asked Skye Warren:

Hi Skye, do you still write dark romance? I noticed that your newer releases aren't well, dark, at least not like your previous works.

Skye Warren Hi Maddy, this is a great question - thank you for reading my work through the dark and less-dark books! That means a lot to me! You're right that my books this year have trended to be less dark, with the possible exception of Pretty When You Cry. While not strictly a captivity story, I do think it appeals to readers who enjoyed Don't Let Go, Wanderlust, and Prisoner. My intention is to write the lighter side of dark romance, with possibly one seriously dark release per year. At least, that's the plan - sometimes the story takes over, which is what happened with Trust in Me and Wanderlust, and it becomes darker than I set out to write. Annika and I still plan to finish and release a sequel to Prisoner, which will be in the same vein as the first book.