Federica
Federica asked Kendare Blake:

Hi Kendare, how are you? I don't know if you have already answered to this, anyway: How did you get the idea for Goddess War? I love your books! Byee :)

Kendare Blake Hi Fede! I'm good, thanks for asking! The idea for the Goddess War books came from two places. 1. a desire to write about the heroes of the Iliad, which I adore. So that part, all the old grudges between the gods and heroes, was all done for me. 2. the deaths of the goddesses was an idea I had and I don't know why I had it. I started thinking about how epic their deaths would be. Or how quiet and long-suffering. I saw Demeter stretched taut as a drum.

So I wrote the short story, "Twilight, Choking on Owl Feathers" to get it out of my system. But I guess it wasn't done, and thus, the Goddess War was born!