Chrisnicks
Chrisnicks asked Philippa Gregory:

I came to your work through an unusual route: I read about your work with the exiled Chagossian people and came to be a big fan of your novels. For that reason I've always wondered if you had saw parallels between the high drama old English monarchies and the Machiavellian way Chagossians were treated by modern UK governments? And have you ever considered writing a novel about the Chagossians' experience?

Philippa Gregory You can't help but see the similarities though you wouldn't expect it from a modern government – it's one of the most shameful things we have done. I have been thinking about how to write about their struggle but it's not really my story to tell. We have provided funds for English classes for the displaced communities and, perhaps, a Chagossian might tell their own story.
Philippa Gregory