Saida
Saida asked Philippa Gregory:

Which book did you have the most fun writing and which one was more difficult to write than the rest?

Philippa Gregory Hi Saida. I love writing so it’s always a pleasure. I found my young adult series – The Order of Darkness – particularly exhilarating. Its characters are fictional and, though the stories are inspired by myth and legend, I’m not working with a known historical timeline. I felt free to explore the fiction and develop my characters.

I have to confess I found it difficult to switch sides when I was starting The Red Queen. I’d spent so long with the Woodvilles and the House of York, it was hard to put myself in the shoes of Elizabeth’s enemy Margaret Beaufort. But, as usual, the research was so interesting, and I learned to admire Margaret’s determination and drive.
Philippa Gregory