Elisabeth
Elisabeth asked Becky Wallace:

In the Storyspinner, each chapter is told in the perspective of another person. How hard was it to write between characters who weren't interacting with each other? Like Johanna and Jacare start their adventures in different worlds even though their adventures are intertwined.

Becky Wallace Actually, Johanna and Jacare's stories were very easy to tell. I had decided well before I started writing the first draft how their plotlines would interact. My initial ideas changed a lot (at one point I considered having Jacare fall in love with Jo!!!), but the beginning and ending points were always the same.

In the original draft, there were only three point of views (Jo, Rafi, and Jacare). Pira and Leao were added in editorial. Those two were the hardest to write because I had to keep the story the same but change how it was told and how it affected each specific character, while fleshing out people I intended to be very secondary characters!