Anne Marie
Anne Marie asked Deborah Raney:

I am reading my first book by you, Another Way Home. I was given an ebook from netgalley.com. I couldn't believe it when I saw you had written about my hometown and where I still live (30 mins. away to this day!). What made you choose Cape Girardeau MO? BTW- I am loving this book and you are a new favorite author of mine!

Deborah Raney Hi Anne,
What a fun question to answer! Both of my daughters, 10 years apart in age, attended Southeast Missouri State, met their husbands the second day of college, and married and settled down in Southeast Missouri. They are both elementary school teachers, and I will soon have four grandchildren in Missouri. We visit often, and love Cape Girardeau. I figured it would be fun (and make the research easy) to write about a place I often visit and have grown to love.

I'm delighted to know you are enjoying the book. (Be sure to read the first two books in the series! Home to Chicory Lane and Two Roads Home...with two more to come! I just finished Book 4 last night!)

Thanks again for asking, and great to catch up with a Missourian on Goodreads!