Linda
Linda asked Tracy Chevalier:

I have read all things Chevalier throughout the years. I particularly enjoyed Remarkable Creatures. Can you give us a snippet of a peek over your shoulder as to what your next book may embrace in Historical Fiction?

Tracy Chevalier Hi Linda--

My next novel is called At the Edge of the Orchard, and is about a family - the Goodenoughs - who move west through America during the 19th century. First from Connecticut to Ohio, and then west to Goldrush California. The family members have differing ideas about trees - some sentimental, some practical. A feud breaks out over apple trees, and that has repercussions down the generations. I guess it's about migration, seen through the prism of trees and their migration.