Ami
Ami asked Barbara Freethy:

Do you think your public relations background has helped you in publishing your books? Are there ever any drawbacks to knowing exactly how certain things become successful?

Barbara Freethy My marketing background has helped me to understand the need for promotion and social media participation which all writers need to know. But in terms of actually writing the books, I don't think it has made a difference. When I first began writing, I did take a lot of writing classes, both in college and after and I read a lot of books on craft. I was and still am an avid reader which I do thinks helps in the writing process.

Success in writing is very difficult if not impossible to predict. An author never knows what a reader is going to respond to. You can only put out the best possible work and hope for the best!

Thanks for the question!

Barbara