Goodreads asked Robyn Bradley:

Robyn Bradley Write. It's as simple as that.

If you want to be a writer, you need to write. I spent most of my twenties TALKING about writing. And I did a lot of reading about writing and publishing. But I didn't do a lot of writing. It's one of my biggest regrets. So if you're thinking about writing, stop thinking and DO IT.

Figure out what it takes to get your ass in the chair. I used to be a firm believer in "write every day," but that's not fair, because it doesn't account for all the different personalities and situations out there. The bottom line, especially when you're starting out, is getting words down on the page, revising those words, and repeating (and repeating and repeating).

So figure out how to make that happen. If that means getting up an extra 30 minutes early and writing Monday-Friday, great. If it means you're a weekend warrior who cranks out five thousand words on Saturdays and Sundays, awesome. If you're motivated by school and course deadlines, groovy. Sign up.

But figure out what gets you writing and producing volume. Then stick to it.

My other bit of advice: be willing to take risks and try different things, even if it sounds weird or even if there are books and writers and teachers out there who tell you that's not how "it's" done. So if you're itching to write a story in first person, present tense because it feels right, even though you just read a book or blog post that says third person, past tense is the only way to go, call bullshit and write it the way your gut is telling you to write it. Yeah, it might not end up being "it," but you need to try it before you can decide, right?

Final bit of advice: don't forget to have fun and enjoy the process. I'm a firm believer that writing is 90 percent FUN if you're doing it right. (And maybe even more than that.)