Giovanna
Giovanna asked:

Can I read it before Throne of Glass? Or should I read it after I get a sense of the world in the first book? I don't want any spoilers!

To answer questions about The Assassin's Blade, please sign up.
Abdie Estrella i know this was written a year ago but I just finished it and i have to say that there is only ONE thing that the book revealed that I wish it hadn't because it is revealed to Celaena much further into the series and I liked finding out with her. I would have gone crazy knowing something Celaena didn't. That being said, I would read the main series first, then read Assassins Blade after.
Heather Throne of Glass will give you a more complete intro to the MC. This book fills in the gaps.
Joanna Refugio I recommend to read this first before Throne of Glass
Pie Pie I would absolutely read this book first. Throne of glass is more of a continuation than a starting point. This book will build the character and setting much better than throne of glass.
Julia Hörmayer I would read Throne of Glass first, I think the author wrote it first too, but published TAB before .. or something like that. TAB does spoiler but so do the other books, I think it's meant to be read after Throne of Glass.
Lady Bookness ABSOLUTELY NOT READ THRONE OF GLASS FIRST THE SERIES DEVELOPS SO MUCH MORE WHEN YOU KNOW THE CHARACTERS BUT YOU DON'T KNOW WHY THEY ARE THE WAY THEY ARE, THEN THIS BOOKS GIVES YOU THE HISTORY!
Quinn Read it first for sure! It will make comments and references in Throne of Glass make sense rather just appearing as random snippets. Unfortunately I read this after ToG, and am now doing a re-read of ToG and i definitley think its way better to read this first. ToG picks up right where this one left off, it's completely chronological
Janeal read this one first, throne of glass second, I know I wish I had. I know she wrote this one after, but the short stories help you realize why and who Selena is and how she became.
Mrs There are still a couple references in Throne of Glass that will only make sense if you've read Assassin's Blade, but not knowing these references won't really detract from the story. As someone says, it fills in some gaps
Michelle I have recently embarked on a re-read of whole series and now would say to read either before or just after Empire of Storms
Hana I think the experience of Throne of Glass is nicer going into it fresh, but you do need to have read this to understand some things in later books.
Aaron Dettmann I'd read this book after Throne of Glass. This book is essentially 5 short stories that go more in depth to some references that were made in the first book.
Melissa Weber I haven't read Throne of Glass yet, but it was a cohesive first read.
Jo Definitely read this first, Throne of glass continues straight on from it.
Sarah (danika's version) You should read The Assassin's Blade first. Going from TAB to TOG (Throne of Glass) is completely chronological. A lot of important things from TAB get spoiled by TOG. Also, it's a pain to go back chronologically. Some people told me I should read TAB after book 3 and now my brain is messed up because I'm stuck in the mind of Celaena from book 0.5 instead of Celaena from book 3. READ THE ASSASSIN'S BLADE FIRST
Anabia Fatima You should read it before since its the prequel
Faith Stretch Read TOG first TAB doesn't explain the world and then you have a better understanding of Celaena
Sarah I would read this before reading throne of glass because there are some things that are mentioned about celaena in throne of glass that you won't understand
Image for The Assassin's Blade
by Sarah J. Maas (Goodreads Author)