Dior Isabella
Dior Isabella asked:

who liked this book?

To answer questions about Defending Jacob, please sign up.
Tammy I really liked it. I think it had all the positives of your standard murder mystery (an exciting story that keeps the reader engaged and guessing) but also some unique twists. For example, the trial within a trial format and the look at what its like to be the family of the accused.
Emily It was a page turner. I like the narration. If you have kids, it will hit home as a what would I do type of thing which is my favorite style.
Myste I loved it. I didn't find anything tedious about it. There was enough gripping foreshadowing and tiny hints thrown in to keep me guessing and thirsty for more, and I literally could not put the book down.
Janet This book was exceedingly tedious, but I wanted to find out how it ended. I found the dialog especially annoying, consisting of statement-disagreement-statement-disagreement (yawn). That said, the plot line was interesting.
Samantha Unexpectedly, I really liked it. The beginning was a little slow and I wasn't sure if I was going to finish its but I did, the more I read, the more into it I was.
Judy Gallagher This was an interesting book/story and very disturbing. I liked it even though the subject was disturbing. Lots of food for thought.
Robin Claire I really liked this book - it is, in my opinion, a great book for a book discussion/book club read.
Louise Annetta It was a bit cold for my taste. I do not feel i knew any of the characters and could not like them, or dislike them. I wanted to see how it ended, but wanted the book to finish. If it had been a movie I would have pushed fast forward. I did think the ending was very interesting.
Linda Mutch Did Jacob murder both Ben and Hope?
Luanne Kipka I loved this book and can't wait for the mini-series.
Monica I loved it! I like how it moved along and it wasn't dark but still keep my interest.

I find the open ending typical of mysteries maybe it's a theme in mystery books.
Image for Defending Jacob
by William Landay (Goodreads Author)