Marsha Howes
Marsha Howes asked:

Can anyone provide me with John's thought about, "selling your life for dollars.........."?

To answer questions about The Why Cafe, please sign up.
JamiG4 In a capitalistic consumer culture, many of us are selling our lives for dollars. What we need to decide is how many dollars to we need (how much stuff do we need as well) and how long are we willing/able to stay in the rat race to get there. My husband and I saved for years and then retired young to enjoy life. We watch our spending, have no mortgage and few bills and are very lucky to have found our way to here. We live in the woods and enjoy nature more than we ever have. And we recommend owning your time. And we comprehend that privilege and blessing has allowed us much of our success.
Image for The Why Cafe
by John P. Strelecky (Goodreads Author)