Book Believer
Book Believer asked:

What would be the best age recommendation to read this book?? Some people told me its YA fiction while my library told me its Adult fiction, so I'm pretty confused on that. Could someone help me out, because I really want to read this book.

To answer questions about Ready Player One, please sign up.
Erin Depends. I'd classify it as YA fiction, but there are some (very brief) mentions in the book of masturbation and using a sex doll/robot. Mentions, not descriptions. And in almost 400 pages, these topics get maybe three sentences. I'd be comfortable recommending this book to anyone 13 years or older.
Keri Engel I would say this book is intended for an adult audience way more than young adult. Remember that when things are classified as "Young Adult" that is often the publishing companies trying to get it placed on more bookshelves so it can sell more copies. I personally think this book could be considered inappropriate for many teenagers due to the sexual references but also its amazingly un-filtered pessimistic attitude about society crumbling. I suggest it for adults and very mature teenagers who can decipher between fiction and real world.
Jason M Smith To be honest, I don't know what the target audience of this book is supposed to be. Based on the writing style, the topics discussed, and the way they are handled (adult themes are glossed over if they are present at all) I would call it a YA book. In contrast to this, the book is filled with 80's nostalgia, which only people over 30 will find interesting. At the end of the day, if you are a teenager or older, there's nothing stopping you from reading this book.
Kruunch I think the age group that would get the most out of this book is 30-50 year olds who are immersed in the gaming / counter culture scene of the 80s up through the present.

I think most anyone would enjoy this book and I wouldn't consider it inappropriate for young adults.
Image for Ready Player One
by Ernest Cline (Goodreads Author)