Kirsten
Kirsten asked:

I know they hinted at it, but who is Jack's father? I never really got it.

To answer questions about The Darkest Part of the Forest, please sign up.
Julia Waters
Asma
Cassandra
Asheer Jaganath
Jalilah It said Jack's Faerie mother had cheated on The Alder King and gone with a human. This resulted in Jack, but it never says who the human was
Melissa After they hint that Jack's mom cheated on the King with a human and tried to hide him away, they then strongly imply Jack is the dead King's son and that his mom hopes Severin and the King kill each other so Jack can rule. Which Jack vetos. Much as I love this book, this is one of several sections that was not very well explained.
Lauren I thought they were hinting at the king or even severin, but I don't think that adds up? But yeah, I thought they were hinting at it too and I think I might have just missed it
Kaeli There was the hint where Jack's fae mother kind of hinted that had the Alderking and Severin die, there would, in fact, be another heir, aka HIM.
Image for The Darkest Part of the Forest
by Holly Black (Goodreads Author)