Thebooklover
Thebooklover asked:

Is this book worth the read? It looks good, but meh

To answer questions about Grasshopper Jungle, please sign up.
Kyra This book was definitely worth the read in my opinion! If you're into contemporary YA fiction (think John Green's novels about teenagers and love in the present day) and some gore (let's just say this book takes some wild, somewhat unsettling turns), you may like this book! It follows the story of a boy, Austin, who has a nice girlfriend, but is questioning his sexuality because he finds himself in love with both his girlfriend AND his (gay) best friend, Robby. In small town Ealing, Iowa, this isn't the most accepted thing. But it's about so much more than that: the end of the world, what history is, and how our lives connect.

I will note, though, that the writing style is very odd and quirky, and some may have a problem with the repetitiveness (because it definitely is repetitive) of the style, but I personally loved the way the novel was written.
Thebooklover Ok thanks I'll try it
Image for Grasshopper Jungle