Ippy
Ippy asked:

Is tis the second of a series? I always thought it was a novel. Do I need to read the first one?

To answer questions about The Da Vinci Code, please sign up.
Chadha Essid there is a series yes but the characters are different and so are the events , Robert langdon is the only thing the books share in common , so it doesn't matter wh
at to read first ;)
Fabiano I actually read "The Da Vinci Code" first. I found it entertaining yet rather dull and repetitive at times (Robert Langdon, the main character, explains the same thing over and over and over).
Then I went on and read "Angels and Demons" afterwards and had a much better time.
So no... you don't have to read them in order. Notheless, I strongly suggest reading A & D first because it's better :)
Shaurya not at all necessary to read the previous book. Interestingly, this was the first ever novel I read, and It was so much fun
Matt Jivin It is the second book that features Robert Langdon; Angels & Daemons is the first. It's not necessary to read A&D first but it's a great book so I suggest it.
Caitlin This is the second book. You don't have to read the first one. I actually watched the first movie and then read the second one. Totally fine, I caught up easily.
Billy The Robert Langdon novels only have small references and connections to each other.
Bella Benett I did not know at the time it was part of a series but i finished the book before realizing it was book two but everything made perfect sense when I read it so probably not.
Katsuro It is indeed a novel, but it's part of a novel series.
J No, now it is popular to put numbers and names in parenthesis after the title of the book. This is a marketing ploy and often means absolutely nothing.
Nidhi Bhatt I read this novel first and then Angels and Demons. They are still interesting and not related except for the Protagonist.

Have fun!
Image for The Da Vinci Code
by Dan Brown (Goodreads Author)