Jamie
Jamie asked:

Do you have to read the first book in the Camel Club series before you read this one?

To answer questions about The Collectors, please sign up.
JOHN NICOLAY Yes. First was a good, quick read. This follow-up was ridiculous. So many highly improbable events. The last few pages especially where a number of loose ends were closed with one-liners. The idea that the Speaker of the House would be assassinated to keep a job was just absurd. The entire Library of Congress trail was silly and complicated. If you are going to kill someone, shoot them.
Susan I didn't. I've enjoyed The Collectors, but wish I had started with the first of the Camel Club series.
Casey It isn't wholly necessary, though there will be some moments/characters that you might be expected to know something about that you won't but it does a fairly decent job of standing on its own. Camel Club is a fun read though.
Jack Heath Yes. Unlike some other mystery / thriller series, this one does develop along plot and character lines. You are missing a lot when you start with #2 or #3.
Image for The Collectors
by David Baldacci (Goodreads Author)