Michelle
Michelle asked:

Did this change/ruin the way you viewed the love story of Lizzy & Darcy forever? I want to read it because it sounds funny, I just worry that reading this will ruin how I view one of my favorite love stories.

To answer questions about Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, please sign up.
Mary I have always loved J. Austen's books, and am a huge fan of P&P. I picked this book up when it first came out - knowing that it was going to be a tongue in cheek sort of book. I don't find that it changed my view of P&P or the beloved Lizzy and Darcy in the least.

It actually stuck extremely close to the original story line as far as chronological events go - with the exception of zombies terrorizing England and Lizzy and her sisters being katana carrying ninja warriors. I loved this book - it made me laugh, but it hasn't changed my view of Lizzy and Darcy, or their love story in the least. I've even gone back and read P&P, (for the umpteenth time,) since I have read this book - and I still love it as much as I did before!
Andrea Not really; it doesn't actually change that much (just adds zombie fighting). I think it does lose a lot of the 'magic' that makes P&P such a great romance, just because some sections are skipped and the focus is more on zombies, but it won't ruin P&P.
Desirae Murray I believe not, this novel is a really a breath of fresh air, because we have a zombie apocalypse in Britain. The romance between Elizabeth and Darcy made it more intriguing due to their shared stubbornness; their world is literally a cutthroat existence. Growing up in the Romantic era, Europe was a place where having a "good" reputation equates to success in life; having zombies roam about the neighborhood gave way into class distinction. In the lower classes stick with Shaolin, while the upper class coincide with Bushido; Elizabeth is ostracized by Catherine because she was not raised with ninja's. Although, Darcy proclaimed his love for Lizzy in his aunt's face, it turned into an assassination attempt. Their battle was a clash of ideals the older generation was defeated by the next generation; therefore, reading this novel will not ruin the romantic tale at all.
Image for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
by Seth Grahame-Smith (Goodreads Author)