Tari
Tari asked:

is this appropriate for my 12 year old to read?

To answer questions about Jurassic Park, please sign up.
Christoph Difficult to answer - I guess it depends...

I was 11 or 12 when I read the book for the first time (that was in the early 90s, even before the movie was released), and I loved it. But there are some prolonged passages of science-babble that might get boring at that age. And it can't be expected that a 12-year old understands all of that scientific stuff, but it's absolutely not necessary to understand it all, as it still remains a very thrilling story.

Which brings me to the next point: it might be too thrilling at that age. Again, I had no problem with it, but it can get quite graphic in some scenes. Let's just say the reader gets a better idea what it would be like to be attacked by a dinosaur than by watching the movie. But I've read YA novels that were not designed for sensitive readers either, so I guess young people can stomach quite a lot.

So, long story short, if your child isn't scared too easily and is interested and technology and science, I would recommend this book. Otherwise it might be better to wait a few years.
Erin i am 12 and i read it and loved it. :)
Avaminn F'nett Yeah, it's fine for a 12 year-old. There's a bit of swearing but not too much. I read it at that age.
Dan they might curse a bit. but when i read it i loved it and i was 13.
Image for Jurassic Park