Kevin Faulkner

Published in 1925 ? Bulgakov's novella was NOT published in 1925 as stated here, it was WRITTEN in 1925. Do try and disseminate basic facts correctly Goodreads.

To answer questions about Heart of a Dog, please sign up.
Alten No, that's not correct. "Heart of a Dog" was released in the summer of 1925 in the "Diaboliad" collection, but was quickly seized. It was re-released in 1926.

Source: Julie Curtis: Michail Bulgakow - Manuskripte brennen nicht. Eine Biographie in Briefen und Tagebüchern, S. Fischer Verlag, Frankfurt am Main 1991, S. 86
Jim Why are you such a pompous, rude and incorrect git?
Andrew Cooper I have to agree with Alten, considering the samizdat of the time, I would say yes it was "published" in 1925 in the underground Soviet readership since the book was disseminated. It's not like it was lost to history until the late century.
It's probably too difficult to delineate exactly what constitutes publish under censorship, so I'd let this one slide.
Pat Schakelvoort Most of the facts and edits are done by users themselves. You can apply for "librarian" which gives you the ability to edit book information.
Ceci who hurt you dude?
Image for Heart of a Dog