Annie-Lou
Annie-Lou asked:

Is this a true story or fiction?

To answer questions about Still Alice, please sign up.
Marilyn Yes, in the copy I have, there's an author interview at back. She says it was triggered by her grandmother having the disease. But she chose to make the story about a 50 year old, because it highlighted the early onset element of the disease, and made the diagnosis all the more poignant.
Yaaresse It is fiction. I wasn't sure at first if it was a novel or a biography, so I looked up the catalog information for it.

Angela Broom I believe that it is fiction because at the very beginning of the book, in the acknowledgments, Lisa Genova thanks a large number of people for their roles which helped her to portray Alice in a richer, more human way and to paint a more specific and accurate picture of the way in which events would unfold in Alice's life surrounding the discovery and progression of her dementia.
Image for Still Alice
by Lisa Genova (Goodreads Author)