Abbi Lawrance
Abbi Lawrance asked:

Is this the same ship that was mentioned in The Imitation Game (movie)?

Walt Conner If you are referring to the ship that they could have saved but didn't then the answer is no. The Lusitania was sunk during World War I while The Imitation Game takes place during World War II (about 30 years later).
Dot It is the same questionable policy, a chess game with real lives.
John Pellow Yes i think its same.
Barry Leclair No; the Lusitania was sunk during World War I, 1915; The Imitation Game takes place during World War 2 (1939-1945)
David IIRC the ship sunk in the movie was a warship that one of the hut members brother (or some such) was on...not a merchant ship or passenger liner.
Jan Davidson This book makes an interesting prequel to the "Imitation Game". England had acquired the German code books in WWI and was intercepting and decoding messages from German U-boats in Room 40.
Bruce Katz I don't recall the ship mentioned in "Imitation Game," but unless it was an historical reference within the movie it would not have been the same ship. Lusitania was WWI, Imitation was WWII.
Image for Dead Wake
by Erik Larson (Goodreads Author)