Rawles
Rawles asked:

Awesome! But what exactly is a "follow-up"? It is listed as Pilgrim #2, but it's not really a sequel is it? Not the same guy as the main character? Just a similar story with new people? I mean, I will still read it, but I will miss Pilgrim......

To answer questions about The Year of the Locust, please sign up.
Amber I don't believe this is actually "Pilgrim 2". I read an interview with Terry Hayes and will post his answer here:

"EC: Can you give us a heads up about your next book?"

"TH: Because I had no guarantees or expectations for I am Pilgrim to be successful I decided to write a stand-alone novel, The Year of the Locust. It should be out in eighteen months and is centered on cloaking technology, where objects appear invisible even though they are really there. There is a lot of research being done on this by the military. I would describe it as “Planet of The Apes” meets “Lost,” or “Star-Trek” like.

After this book the second book of the Pilgrim series will be out. In this book Pilgrim establishes a relationship. The third book has someone attacking him. He must pretend to be dead, even to the one he is in love with, to find out who killed him. I promise the readers that with these two books they will learn everything about Pilgrim they were afraid to ask. If the series is successful I might continue the adventures with future books."
Thiago I second that... it is a shame we'll have to wait so long for a continuation of the Pilgrim story.... I picked up other series but nothing quite matches that for me.... I will read the year of the locust but “Planet of The Apes meets Lost" doesnt sound anywhere as good as "Bourne meets Homeland"............
Image for The Year of the Locust