Bryant
Bryant asked:

My daughter is a big fan of vampires. Would this be okay for a 13 year old or do you think one needs to be a little older? I was particularly curious if there is much sex in the series?

To answer questions about Vampire Academy, please sign up.
Lora Swafford I don't think there would be a problem letting a thirteen year old read it. There is really no sex stuff, and the only thing that would worry me, is the bloody killing part! But it's nothing too bad!
Scarlett The books are an easy read, yes they say that they have sex in one of them but they don't go in to any detail. The plot is pretty basic so your daughter will probably LOVE to read them.
Nola Byrum I COMPLETELY agree with what The Writing Reader said. Yes, please let her read what she wants. Trust me, she is more ready to read about sex and all that then you think. I was ready to know about that stuff YEARS before my mom let me.
Lila Wayne there are two actual sex scenes in the entire series, and one kinda sex. but dont worry, its more to than just sex - all mysteries, adventure, secrets, magic, etc. plus, i read all that "stuff" when i was 11, so it doesnt matter. she's totally worth reading VA series ;)
Himani It isn't very dirty but i personally you should wait a few months to let her read them but to be honest people her age read EVEN worse and this series isn't one of THOSE type of books. NO detail about it at all just that it happened really. (Only once)... Trust me I was 14 when I read it and when I was 13 I put Twilight down because it seemed graphic at the time. You should trust that our daughter will do the same if she finds Vampire Academy too graphic as well.
Image for Vampire Academy
by Richelle Mead (Goodreads Author)