did anybody else get confused on the different pov's? or was that just me? xxx

To answer questions about The 5th Wave, please sign up.
Michael Blaser I think this diffrent pov make the book even more exciting, sure at the beginning it was confusing, but after a while it was interesting to figure out who was talking
Kasia VERY CONFUSED. If you read my review, I rant about it XD. I wish the author added the name of whoever's POV I was going into. I guess not. Halfway through the book is when I really figured out. OVER 200 PAGES WORTH READ IN CONFUSION. So, yeah. Pretty annoying.
Alina
Stacy Handlin If you listen to the Audio, it isn't confusing at all.
Jojo I was so confused in the beginning, but I figured it out. At first I thought it went back and forth between two characters. But then I also was confused by trying to figure out what was past and present. But overall, the book was great.
Blaine Just gets worse with second book where like you read for two chapters before figuring out who the heck is speaking (this refers to the gender anonymity also - doesnt even say he/she)

In a weird way, this actually is quite an interesting approach
Leslie To avoid getting confused I went through the book and wrote the name of the character each time the pov changed. It helped alot.
Renée Schouten Janssen A bit confusing yes I agree. I would have preferred the name of the character written above each part.
Brienne I got confused too. It took me a long time to figure it out lol.
Rowena Shacklebolt i was confused till like halfway through the book. I barely understood a character lived like 15 lives in a single daytime 0-0
Amy I enjoyed the chance to read the different POVs but definitely wish they were labeled. It took me awhile to get a copy of the second book and by then I had to reread the first to try and get familiar with who was who again due to all the nicknames.
Aaron It isn’t confusing if you have already watched the film. I already knew stuff like Ben’s nickname is zombie. As soon as I saw the chapter “call me zombie” it was obvious who’s perspective it was in. I can see how confusing it would have been without the film though. I think I would have had to re-read a lot of paragraphs
Tesalonica I got so lost I quit the book. 1* for me. I quit at 70% because I got tired of not understanding what was going on.
Kendall YEAHHHHHH super confusing LOL... definitely not just you!
Mae It’ll all come together soon. I think it could’ve been executed a tad bit better. I liked it though.
phil I definitely became confused between Cassie and Ben's pov's. Personally, I found Evan's POV to be easier to distinguish, as he is clearly described during his introduction. Ben's POV came in with no description, so I didn't realize until Ben actually said his name after being referred to as Zombie for most of the book. (By the way, when Ben said: "Ben Parish is dead." , I thought it was Cassie just remembering him.)
Brando Flammer DO YOU THINK THAT SARRA AND HER DAD WILL FIND MORE PEOPLE AND SAVE THEM OF HELP THEM, OR DO YOU THINK THEY WILL STICK WITH THE GROUP THEY HAVE AND FIND A BETTER WATER SUPPLY AND FIND A WAY TO STOP THE DRONES?
WILL HER AND HER DAD SURVIVE TO THE 6TH WAVE IF NOT WHO DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO DIE FIRST, BUT IF THY SERVICE DO YOU THINK THAT THEY WILL FIND FAMILY IN THAT AREA.
HOW DO YOU THINK THEY WILL KILL THE DRONES OR STOP THEM FROM COMING OUT, BETTER YET THY MAY BE ABLE TO STOP THEM ALL BY CUTTING A SOURCE OF POWER AND WHO DO YOU THINK STARTED THIS.
David M I realized after reading it like 80 times, and then I realized there was different POVs. I was thinking Cassie suddenly had a baby sister as well.
Ania Yes,I wasalso confused but keep reading and it will get easy to follow.
Rensy Yeah I was too I though it was Cassie in the Ben's point of view and I keep questioning my self why do they keep saying that she's a he. Haha
Phylicia I didn't get confused. I understood right away the difference between 1st and 3rd. 1st is "Me" meaning "Cassie" and "she" or "her" meaning, not Cassie
Chloe
BooVill You're not the only, I was confused too, VERY confused
Livvy Coombs YES! So confused! That's part of the reason why I stopped reading it, I thought it was Cassie the whole time so nothing made sense to me...
tokyo vampire I was very confused but I understood at the end. It was exciting afterwards, switching here and there, but yes, got confused at first.
Stacy I am listening to it on Overdrive, so the narrators are different and I'm still confused lol.
Delenn I got really confused for the first couple times they switched POV's. I think that the next edition should probably write in who's perspective that specific chapter is taking.
Jayce Only the first time it happened. Maybe I'm quicker on my feet (so to speak) than others. It's pretty obvious to me when the point of views changed.
Brooke Lorren No, but I've read several stories lately with different POVs... Allegiant, the Legend Trilogy, etc.

The first time she did it, it took me about a page to realize what was going on, but after that, I was able to pick it up.
Theo Meyer No, not really. It was kind of confusing, but when I saw that the POV's are marked by the black page with the star backdrop. Whenever you see that page, its a new POV.
Layla Beckonson It was confusing for my at first, but I absolutely love it when books switch the point of view, it adds more depth into the book itself. agaagghhh can't wait to watch the movie :)
Skylar Burris Initially I was confused, because the switch is not obvious at first. Once I knew there would be switching, I could pick up on who was who more quickly. Usually when multiple narrators are used, a chapter heading reveals who is narrating, or the switch is made more obvious by a very different narrative style or tone. The narrators' voices did not really sound very distinct from one another in this book, however.
Mike Jorgensen I did the book as an audiobook so it was pretty clear when it switched. I remember wondering, "How could you tell who is sharing without an audiobook?"
Margaret M I was very confused at the beginning! When they switched over to Ben I still thought we were on Cassie - finally figured it out at the end of the second part :)
Komal Garde I was very confused at the beginning, at the end of 3rd chapter i had to go online and read around as to what was happening. but then everything made sense after that..
Esther I could see how it can be a bit confusing. IMO however, the different POV's is part of what make the book so exciting to read because you're trying to figure it all out and once you get to know (and come to like) the characters you begin to hope that your favorite character does not turn out to be one of the Others (gasp)! It's pretty genius of the author to be able to create all those twists in the plot. It really gets you thinking and I love when a book can do that. If you get confused don't give up. Just set the book down for a minute, and even go back and reread some parts. It may help. It's worth it and you won't regret it!
Abbey Gfrerer I didn't know it had two different POVs until the third part. I thought it was just Cassie the whole time and then I was thinking wait whats happening and how did it get to this part. This book was amazing and probably my favorite, but I wish the author would've said who's part! XD
Jordan Yeck At first i was super confused but i just went along with it and figured out it was different pov's..doesn't matter bc its still an amazing book
Michele I was confused by the POV as well. A lot of things were inexplicit and so I had to make a lot of inferences. Some of my inferences were incorrect which led to more confusion. LOL
Image for The 5th Wave