Mary
Mary asked:

What did the wolf symbolize?

To answer questions about Tell the Wolves I'm Home, please sign up.
Angela
Sam To me, the various references to wolves throughout the novel symbolized the wildness and viciousness that exists even where it shouldn't, such as between family members (as the wolf in the negative space of the portrait did). A literal wolf does not appear in the novel, but many figurative ones do. The wolves in June's dreams revealed the dangers surrounding her, something her age and fairly affluent situation should've protected her from, but couldn't. The loss of a family member can happen to anyone. The wolves are a representation of the tension between people, the truth of the often destructive feelings between people who may love each other very much.
Alan To me, the wolves represent all the things that go unsaid between those whom you are (supposedly) very close to. They only appear in Finn's painting as vague images in the "negative space" between the two sisters.
Joshua Seth To me, the wolves represent our personal demons, our personal struggles, thoughts, and emotions. The things we hide within ourselves, the good, bad, and the beautiful are the wolves. At some point we must embrace all embrace our wolves; tell the wolves I'm home.
Gabriela
Sierra I found this book intriguing. It is around young adults but with adults in contrast. It pulled me in and kept me there.
Pandora The people who were so judgmental about aids... about relationships...about anything really.
Mary
B What does the title of the book mean?
Charlene I think "Tell the Wolves I'm Home" was a recognition of June's truths that were hidden within her heart. Her jealousy of Finn's love for Toby, the dissolution of her sister's relationship based on her exclusive relationship with Finn, and the damage caused by her mother's inability to accept Toby.
Jake I too want to know - what does Tell the Wolves I'm Home mean?
At one point June wonders that same thing and thinks it may have something to do with the darkness in her heart. Well, that was certainly no clue for me.
Image for Tell the Wolves I'm Home
by Carol Rifka Brunt (Goodreads Author)