Brandon Tenn
Brandon Tenn asked:

around what chapter does the main plot start up? im on chapter 6 and and i feel like giving up

To answer questions about The Reality Dysfunction, please sign up.
Nik Nikolai For Reality Dysfunction? Around page 400. The other books are on rapid fire after that. (And don't take William's advice, a lot of the little details in RD come back in NA and NG.)
William Most of Hamilton's super-long books (broken into pieces for sale) start slowly with the introduction of many characters and sub-plots, whom you cannot related to each other until sometimes near the end of the books.

When I first read Pandora's Star, I almost gave up, but it turns out superbly well by the end of the 2nd book (Judas Unchained), and many of the main characters appear again in his The Void trilogy.

... in my rarely humble opinion ... this book is only 2/3 as good as those, and you can often skim some of the excessive scenes and descriptions.
Stewart I wonder how you got on with this series? For me I was hooked from those opening lines,
"Space tore open..." and then those beautiful sentient ships come through. I was hooked until the rushed ending of the third book.
Peg Seay YEAH, it's a little heavy but I'll slog through since everyone says it's such a good series.
Image for The Reality Dysfunction
by Peter F. Hamilton (Goodreads Author)