Trisha
Trisha asked Barbara Freethy:

My true passion as a child, was writing.10 years go, turning 40, I began writing a short novel - still unfinished - Due to many personal changes since then (divorce, new home, new career, new relationship) I cant seem to devote the time to write again, although read daily. Any suggestions would be most helpful - Just finished reading Daniel's Gift - touched me profoundly - you sure speak my "language"!

Barbara Freethy Hi Pattie Jane - Sorry for the delay in answering your question. I was getting my next book ready to release this Thursday.

I'm so glad you enjoyed Daniel's Gift. That was one of my most personal stories and one that still brings a tear when I re-read it.

As for finding time to write, sometimes you do need to give yourself a break when you've had a lot of life changes. But the best way to really get anything done is just to start off with small goals. Try writing one page a day, that's it. Something you can do in less than an hour. Then if it turns into two, keep going. Like exercising, it's easier to write if you do it all the time. It's much harder to get back into a story after you let a week or two or even a month go by. So I try to keep the story in my head but working on it a little bit every day, sometimes weekends, too. But try to focus on feeling good about what you get done versus feeling bad about what you didn't get done. Keep the positive energy going!

Good luck!