Zakaria Imani
Zakaria Imani asked:

Is it a good book?

To answer questions about The Matchmaker, please sign up.
Mary Gallant krehbiel No, not really. The message for me was: Current marriage not perfect so hook up with your one armed old boyfriend who returns home. What an awful example for her daughter, who in the end of this story (of course) accepts and forgives because the old boyfriend is her biological father. She won't go to the doctor because she thinks she's "love sick"? Really? I also cried at the end, but it's because I finished the book instead of returning it to the library after the 1st couple of chapters.
Tammie Very good. I always want a happy ending - in everything. It makes it hard for me .. : ) .
I don't watch the news. This book was so thoroughly entertaining for me. I to cried about the ending, because I wanted to, not because I had to.
It was worth it for me.

Susan Yes it is a good book. However, I cried hard towards the end. I want happy endings. The nightly news is bad enough.
Marcia & Isabella It's a light summer read, that explores a past strong love that re-enters your life, a husband and family later, the temptations and emotions you feel and perhaps succumb to in an unexpected affair. The location of the book and references to restaurants, beaches, roads, stores are bring back a flood of my own memories growing up in a sailing family, frequently visiting the island.
Zakaria Imani I answered my own question.....NO!
Image for The Matchmaker
by Elin Hilderbrand (Goodreads Author)