Goodreads asked Kelli Ireland:

Kelli Ireland There's no one answer I can give that's a guaranteed "fix" when it comes to writer's block. I *do* have a little bag of tricks I use, and I'm happy to share those. First, get up, get out and change your typical writing environment. I go to a little cafe not far from my house. It's often enough to convince my preternaturally fickle muse that it's time to play.

Second, try music. Take time to set up a playlist for your manuscript or a particular scene.

Third, shut everything down, find a dark place and lie there, thinking about which senses the scene will invoke. Find a way to use all five of them. Senses are all about stimulation, and this often helps to get the creative mojo moving when it's all but stalled out.

Fourth, push through the scene and leave yourself notes either with track changes or in the text itself and highlighted. Tell yourself: "Come back and fix x, y or z and add a, b or c." Be as specific as you can and then move on.

Fifth? Oh, fifth. I rarely do this, but sometimes it's best to step away for a fixed amount of time and do something else. The key here is *FIXED* amount of time. You can't walk away and leave it alone forever. Nothing's ever finished that way. If I'm forced to resort to this method, I give myself a maximum of a few hours. That way I know I'm destined to come back and this is just a little creative "time out" to get myself together.

No matter what, don't quit!