Darissarenee Ward

is it good I mean a good book that is ?

To answer questions about Macbeth, please sign up.
Ellie Macbeth is good, if you can understand it. It is written by Shakespeare, so the writing is a little hard to comprehend normally. And if you can't follow the text, then you can't understand what is going on, either.
If you are fine with the writing, then yes, the book provides an intriguing ensemble, plot, and allows you to look in the face of ambition and power.
Brigham Sinclair its sooooo good i love it and i dont i found all other shakespeare hard to read but this one i love so much that it feels easy definitely reccomend
Anna If you talk in terms of Shakespeare, it's one of his best. But that's coming from someone who hates Shakespeare and had to read it for school.
I even had to watch the play with school and even then I was so bored.
There are a few scenes I enjoyed (but only the ones with the three witches).
If you want to read it, I still recommend trying it, but don't be too disappointed if you hate it.
Curious808 It's awesome. I mean, it's generally rated in the top 3 or 4 of all his dozens of plays, how can it not be?! No way to understand it without a lot of look-ups -- I have the Oxford School Shakespeare paperback edition, with all the definitions you need, right in the extra-wide margins. The thing to do is read it a few times, at first just piecing together what's going on, and then, as it gets familiar, the whole trippy, dark, intense story really start to grab you. It's short, so, the re-reads are an easy investment, and well worth it!
Jenny I'd read an overview of the play and then listen to it on audiobook...one with a full cast recording. It makes so much more sense hearing the inflection, and emotion behind the words.
Lia Macbeth is an amazing play, it's just excessively difficult to read. I would definitely recommend it but would also recommend a no-fear-Shakespeare to help you out. To understand the themes, it is also very helpful to understand a bit of the history. Definitely worth a read, though.
Emily It's pretty good, though a little weird in parts. Wouldn't say it's extremely necessary to read but is a classic and has an important lesson. The writing style is difficult to read b/c it's Shakespeare, but if you were to watch a play while reading it, that would be helpful.
Image for Macbeth