Nadine
Nadine asked:

is this a book that can- or should- be read by a 15 year old?

To answer questions about Demian, please sign up.
Megan Definitely. I'm 15 and reading this really helped me understand myself better (which I know is a struggle when you're a teen) and develop my own personality. It's themes can be mature but reading it as a teen almost made me feel like I had just had an epiphany about life, like I knew something that other kids my age didn't. Not so much in a superior way, but like I had just figured out this little secret ahead of time and was waiting for all the other kids to catch up. Basically what I'm trying to say is (I ramble) that this book, I feel, is almost meant to be read at such a confusing age.
Juan Gauto Totally, I would strongly reccomend it. I read it at the age of 28, last year, and I felt it was such a pity that I hadn't done it a decade ago, when I was a teenager.
Ayah Definitely. I'm 16 and I'm reading this. It has a couple themes of maturity, however, because it has so much identity confusion themes and so much reflections on life themes, it is great to read for such a twisted and complex age in life.
Federico Perelmuter This is honestly one of those books that every teen should read, kinda like Catcher in the Rye. It's hard, but it's such a beautiful story of acceptance, and the whole Nietzsche philosophy thing is, I think, not really even a very important part of the story. In essence, let the kid read, they deserve a treat like this book.
Leo Correa da Costa yes! I read it last year when I was 14 and it is probably my favorite book. my mother read it around the same age when she was young, and it was also her favorite book back then.
Odessa I'm 15 and reading this for school... so...
Antonella Romani Absolutely!! I read it when I was 15, and I thoughly enjoyed it.
Bianka Brankovic It can be read by a 15 year old, nothing untoward is promoted in this book.
Davide Musardo Juan Esteban, I totally agree with you! I've read it this year and I would have loved to read it...long time ago :) so...recommended for sure!
Voidpointer I think it would have helped me the most, when I would have read it at the age of 16 or so. I read when I was around 20 and I loved it.
Chessz I would say yes. I've read it when I was really young. Don't worry about themes you may say are mature. I believe it helps in personal development since it can make the reader related.
Kingderella I read it at 15 or 16, and I loved it.
Image for Demian