Cindy Rice
Cindy Rice asked:

at what point did people get hooked in this book? Loved Gone Girl, but at page 62 I'm still not feeling this book one bit..

To answer questions about The Girl on the Train, please sign up.
C Steeves It took me awhile to get into it. I didn't think it was like Gone Girl at all and did not like it as much.
Raegan Teller I gave up at about 60 pages. I just couldn't get into the book at all.
Cathy Jones Hooked right away....
Laura I tried multiple times to get into this book, gave it up to 75 pages or so. Didn't happen for me, put it away. unfinished. And I enjoyed Gone Girl.
Whitney Milam I felt the same way. I kept waiting to get hooked. I finished the book and never did. Not a bad book. It was pretty good...but the hype? Huh?
Tanvi Kakodkar Ohh, I felt the same. However, the end is kind of unexpected..? I'd say if you're a die hard mystery fan though, you could've deduced the end by intuition. It took me a while to get into the book, but that's happened with most books I loved towards the end. I guess the comparison with Gone Girl comes from the diary format of the book. I know I'm a year late.. but I just read the book and I came searching for a discussion forum. I didn't really get hooked onto the book, but I'd agree it was a good read.
Cindy SW I am on page 228 and I am just barely starting to get slightly hooked...if you want to call it that. If someone erased it from my reader I wouldn't care. I have picked this book up several times over the past few months and finally decided to finish it on vacay. It's painfully slow moving.
Erica Parker Honestly, I hated this book. So I never got hooked.
Stephanie I felt like I got "hooked" about halfway through when a certain character's POV starting drifting away. It was hard to get into because the characters were insufferable but the mystery made me push through (and all the amazing reviews).
Ed Sheedy It didn't get good until just past the halfway point. Considered putting it down a few times, but glad I didn't.
Rob Wilson I got hooked on page 1.
Julia Hörmayer Page 200? It took ages to get exciting.
Anna Andres I get hooked immediately, I like this kind of novel. She is alive, she keeps doing things we dont like her to do and in the meantime, reality of what has happenned shows up...I like the psychological contrast among the 3 woman characters and how they reveal step by step
D W. I think about mid-way through. I have to admit, though, that I still wasn't as intrigued by the end.
Lauren I am on page 60 and am giving up on this dull book. I couldn't get into Gone Girl either.
Image for The Girl on the Train
by Paula Hawkins (Goodreads Author)