Goodreads asked Betty Dravis:

Betty Dravis My most recent book is THE SEARCH FOR BOBBY McGEE and is a short story in digital format. This short story is about a retired Silicon Valley couple who leave a whale-watching tour bus when it stops in Salinas. Winnie remembers that this is where the late iconic singer Janis Joplin “let Bobby McGee slip away,” as in a line from her hit song Me and Bobby McGee. She romanticizes Janis and Bobby, always wondering if he is real, so she talks Virgil into searching for him. Virgil eagerly agrees as he’s bored with their annual whale-watching trip. This leads to an exciting, humorous adventure. What they find will surprise you, as will the “out-of-the-box” ending.

I got the idea when Janis Joplin's song ME AND BOBBY McGEE got stuck in my head. I loved the song and the romance between a young couple traveling from Kentucky to California. When Bobby left her in Salinas, California, I always wondered about him. Sort of like the universal appeal that everyone's "first love" has for them. I imagined myself going to Salinas to find out what happened to Bobby... I know he is fiction, but I imagined him into this story. Hope you enjoy it... It was fun to write.