A Mermaid
A Mermaid asked Carol Goodman:

Hello ms. Goodman I was wondering what books you read when you were young that inspired you to start writing? Also I have noticed that some books have a certain way to them, that when you are reading them you are cast under there spell, and simply can't seem to put them down! Are there any books that you have read like that? P.s. I love Blythewood soooo... much! can't wait to read book 2. ~Ashley

Carol Goodman Hi Ashley! I loved books about horses and fairy tales. Some of my early favorites were Charlotte's Web, Harriet the Spy, From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, The Secret Garden and , when I got a little older, Jane Eyre and Great Expectations. And yes, I love being taken away by a book. It's one of my very favorite things. It also makes me very happy that you liked Blythewood. Thank you so much for writing!