Goodreads asked Robert Michael:

Robert Michael Living life. Loving to read. Listening to music. Viewing art. Watching children play, a wife hold her husband's hand, a bird land on a wire, a fish flit into the shallow end of a pool, the wind blow dandelion seeds through a field. Listen to the creak of a tree in a breeze, the call of a frog, the commotion of vehicles on a busy road.

Just experiencing life is what gets me motivated to write, inspired to put my imagination into motion. I don't see stories as plots to be unfolded as much as I see lives intertwined. Its about characters, what happens to them and how they react. I'm inspired more by the characters than by the plots. Other writers love the idea of "what if?" or "what happens when?"