Elise Gan
Elise Gan asked:

Was I the only one who found many grammatical and syntactic errors? (I'm just trying to make sure I'm not crazy)

To answer questions about Reached, please sign up.
gwen No, not at all, and that's saying a lot because I spellcheck everything I read. There were a few awkward sentences but they didn't occur enough for me to be bothered.
Olivia Yeah I did notice some too, but considering how disappointed this book was, I doubt there were even proof readers. They must have just skimmed it, and then green-lighted the book. Which is sad because this series deserved a better ending.
Jaycee I saw two in the same paragraph and cringed.
Cathryn it's a stylistic choice of the writing
Bridget Ryan no lol...i was reading and i found a few(: and i wonder how they (the proof readers) could have missed so many lol
Samantha Boggs I agree with Isabella Joshua I don't care if it has errors it is all about the adventure.
Jess LeBlanc I didn't start the book yet.
Isabelle Joshua While I sometimes find errors in novels I read, I usually am wrapped up in the story that I do not notice as many and I'm not great at grammar as you all probably are. I would like to say though that, please give a girl a break. Even being a published author through a Pub House doesn't mean that typos or errors get missed. Also, some of those could be intentional from the writers POV especially if they are blatant errors like misspelling a word. But the writing and editing process is a difficult one and usually not the writer's best area. And even proofreaders aren't perfect. If you've read the same manuscript more than once, you are bound to miss something. Pls forgive any errors in the above paragraph. I hope you begin reading with a little less critical eye.
aj It's just how Ally Condie wrote the series. Instead of having the narrator talk as if in the past, she wrote it as if it were happening right then. Ex. Instead of "saw", "see". "Cried", "cry"
So present tense instead of past tense, basically.
It did make the books a little confusing as occasionally she switched to something that DID happen in the past (thus using past tense), and back again, but I still enjoyed the books.
kath! Haha, you caught those! I couldn't even REACH{!} the end of the novel!!
Image for Reached
by Ally Condie (Goodreads Author)