Brian Beyer
Brian Beyer asked:

Does anyone else think of Winnie the pooh when reading Pickwick? I feel like the two characters have a lot in common. Both have a certain unassuming charm. Both are natural leaders. Pickwick's drinking of hot punch is very similar to pooh and his honey. And both seem to stumble pell-mell into adventures and then get out of them in the same fashion. What does anyone else think?

To answer questions about The Pickwick Papers, please sign up.
Lillian I never thought of this, but now that you point it out... I totally see it!
Avery America Now that you pointed it out, absolutely! I feel like Mr. Pickwick and his friends would fit in perfectly in the Hundred-Acre Wood :-))
Monica Riva It's incredibly true! Thank you for sharing this odd (but well-fitting) point of view.
Stephanie Ha! Fantastic observation. I love it.
Pamela Shropshire I absolutely love this analogy. I think you are spot on!
Ann "stumble pell-mell into adventures" is an excellent use of language! Love that. Don't know how you can stand to read so much Dickens. Stalwart young man. Plow ahead! :)
Manray9 No. It didn't occur to me.
Image for The Pickwick Papers