Estela Valles
Estela Valles asked:

Did you guess correctly what happened to Thomas Cavill? I sure didn't. The only thing I knew for sure... was nothing.

To answer questions about The Distant Hours, please sign up.
Rachel
Sophie I didn't guess, but it makes total sense. That's my favorite kind of ending--one that you didn't see coming but that makes sense in hindsight.
Janis Mitchell I figured it would be Percy, not Saffy, because she had so much at stake in the whole deal. And I was surprised that she tried to save him.
Denise Plank Nope. Didn't see that coming! That's what I love about her books...the lack of predictability. Loved how the blood got on Juniper's shirt, though.
Alison O'Kelly I didn't have it figured out either. I like that the ending wasn't predictable...
Cathy I'm almost embarrassed to say that I went with the obvious, that it was Juniper who was responsible somehow for her fiance's accidental death. I didn't see the real reason for his disappearance coming! I'm so glad I didn't, because the surprise was wonderful and a great bit of writing on the author's part. She did give us hints, but I missed them.
Tracy Valentine At first I was positive that it was Juniper, that she lost time because she had thought he was the Mud Man coming for her and murdered him to "save" herself. As I got closer to the end, I was sure that Percy killed him to keep Juniper from marrying so that the castle she loved would stay in the family. When I got to the end, I was utterly gobsmacked. I didn't expect that ending AT ALL. But that's what I love about Kate Morton's books. She always floors the reader with the unexpected.
Elizaveta Shagina Yeah, near the end I did, cause it was obvious that the least possible candidate would be responsible, like in all detective stories. But first I thought it was Percy cause she didn't want Juniper ever to marry, because of the castle's propriety.
Marilyn Saffy was my favorite character for many reasons, therefore I so did not see what was coming. Like many, I guessed Percy or even Juniper.
Kate Morton is a wizard with a pen who was gifted with a brilliant literary mind.
Orna I had no idea,
Steph Yes, i did from the beginning.
Karen Smith Was I the only one who thought it was Meredith? She has been rejected by Tom, who she thought she loved. And she would want to keep Juniper from replacing her with Tom as her dearest friend? I may have been grasping to connect the two story lines - past and present.
Violeta
Marianne I knew he was dead from the get-go, but was sure it was Percy! I thought she murdered him when she figured out Juniper was going to marry him.
Kelly No, that was a surprise right at the end!
Diane I did not guess. I had the same response as Cathy, that is was Juniper. A good way to end that, however, sad.
Image for The Distant Hours
by Kate Morton (Goodreads Author)