Michelle
Michelle asked:

I have a question, and I may have missed something, but at the beginning of City of Ashes, ( within the first chapter or so) Alec and Isabelle are referred to as Jace's "step siblings". How is that?

To answer questions about City of Ashes, please sign up.
Lila Wayne Maybe since they've shared the same guardian (and almost parent for Jace) since they were 10, the three had gotten very close. Jace didn't consider Izzy as some future girlfriend and Alec as a friend - they were like siblings to him. Step-siblings, as aforementioned. Though, they aren't blood related of course
Emily Jace is adopted by the Lightwoods, so Alec and Izzy aren't his real siblings
Jay I don't remember seeing that but that's rather misleading! Alec and Isabelle aren't Jace's step siblings and the Lightwoods are not Jace's biological parents. They simply adopted him.
Image for City of Ashes
by Cassandra Clare (Goodreads Author)