Tona
Tona asked Frances Mayes:

What a wonderful story, Under the Tuscan Sun! How many times did you attempt at being published before it actually happened? What advice would you give to a new writer but a not so young writer? Thank you for making yourself accessible to us!

Frances Mayes The usual raft of rejections. One said "who wants to hear about a summer vacation?" Finally, I called an editor I knew at Chronicle Books and he agreed to publish my book. Advice? Develop a perspective on rejections. They happen to everyone at first--almost always. And it's not easy to keep believing in your work because the world calls you in so many different directions. The best thing is to make friends who are writers. Get together and discuss your works. Form bonds that carry you through.