Samantha
Samantha asked:

Is anyone else worried John C Reilly could very possibly play the part of Eli if a film is made??

To answer questions about The Sisters Brothers, please sign up.
Adam I was picturing W. Earl Brown as I read it (he played Dan Dority in Deadwood)
Bulent Yusuf He's optioned the rights to the book, and is producing the film. I can see Josh Brolin playing opposite him as Charlie.
Erin I cant quite remember which is which brother now, but I could imagine Tim Roth as one of them...possibly the more evil one??
Lori This book screamed film to me as I was reading it. I wouldn't mind John C Reilly.
Michelle Worried? I think he is the perfect fit for this role.
Louis Dore-Savard I'm on page 215 and just seeing this... I think it's perfect! I'm sold. Joaquin Phoenix as Charlie does not sound so perfect to me, but who knows, he is a versatile actor.
Paula John C. Reilly has proven to be a versatile actor, having also worked on stage. Personally, I try not to 'worry' about casting in a movie and let the finished work speak for itself.
Leslie I think Jesse Plemons would be a good casting choice for Eli. Not sure about Charlie.
Sean John C. is much too old to play the part (yes, I noticed on IMDB that he is). I was picturing Dan Dority when reading the book but I think he's a little long in the tooth now too. For dream casting, how about John Bradley -- Samwell from GofT?
Sbenton I was picturing a chubby Chris Pratt, like in the early days of Parks & Rec.
Daniel He *has* been cast as Eli in the upcoming film!
Matt John C. Reilly would be perfect as Eli; I don't see an issue. Josh Brolin is a solid choice for Charlie.
Andy I'm very worried that they're making a movie at all, the best part of it was the Eli's voice. They need to realize that you can't make movies out of books that happen so much inside someone's head.
J. Marshall Freeman Hilarious. Exactly who I imagined as I read the book.
Gilda Farrell Worried would not be the emotion that comes to mind. Excited, maybe.
John McCarty You would think they would cast a larger more menacing (looking) actor.
Mike Grant That doesn't sound too bad to me, but then I guess everyone has their own idea of how characters look.
Jan Not at all. He's terrific as Eli. Reilly is a very good actor with a very broad range, and as I read the book (knowing Reilly would be Eli in the film), I could see him fitting into that role easily. He does it justice (and, btw, the film is an excellent example of how to adapt a book to screenplay). I thoroughly enjoyed the book, the movie, and Reilly's performance.
Sahal Merchant Well your prayers have been answered :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2unS...
Speckeh HA-HA. This is fantastic.
Karma John C Reilly is acknowledged at the end. I'm glad I didn't see that until I was done reading but now I can easily imagine him as Eli.
Daniel Griliopoulos Ha, prescient comment!
Image for The Sisters Brothers