Tony Conner
Tony Conner asked:

I am finding it a little of the same old thing also. I wish that she makes up her mind on Morelli,or Ranger. Get better at her job already. Show that she has developed some skills by now. Make her smarter. Give her more credit with her thinking process. Help me grow with Stephanie, as she grows. When will she have a true plan for her life ?

To answer questions about Top Secret Twenty-One, please sign up.
Christa Ugh - I couldn't agree more. After 21 books, you would think she would have more character development.
Elisa Gambill I agree. The beginning of the series was amazing! And the whole love triangle is truly getting played out.
Stacielynn just finished this book and have been thinking similar thoughts for a long time. i used to actively seek out new titles in this series, now i check them out if i find them while perusing the shelf.

the premise, once fun and fresh, is tired and dull. i read them out of habit and -- perhaps -- the (fruitless?) hope that evanovich will wrest control of the story and make it interesting.

after all these years it would be nice if stephanie showed some initiative and managed without the last-minute rescue by ranger and the coddling of morelli.

this has become so formulaic evanovich should simply switch to harlequin romances. but she can't because then stephanie would have to choose.
Liza I enjoy the fluff of it all. It's like House MD before House and Cuddy got together. Then the did, then broke up and broke the show. We know she is basically Morelli's girl but no one wants to commit and Ranger never plans to marry again anyway.

He is like her movie crush in real life. You love the "character" the actor plays but know that it's not REAL.

(I haven't read this one yet, but it's Stephanie! lol)
Dawn I think Stephanie has gotten better at her job. She's a decent P.I. just not a great bounty hunter. And, Stephanie has made up her mind. She chose Morelli. She isn't always great at sticking to that. But, she tries. And, it's a book. It's fun to have the flirting between Stephanie and Ranger! Books are supposed to be an escape from real life! I think it's fun that her life isn't always put together!
Jennifer I agree. I loved 1-15, but kept reading through twenty. I decided I was done. But it now has been almost 10 years and I need a fun, light-hearted book and I thought I'd probably enjoy these again since its been so long.
Melody I've read other books she's written that are good. Surprising endings, characters with real character, good plots, etc. so she's extremely capable but it's like she throws these books together in less than a week. Maybe even "cuts and pastes", as we used to call it as teachers, from other books. I continue to read them though to take a break from the real mystery thrillers.
Image for Top Secret Twenty-One
by Janet Evanovich (Goodreads Author)