Дарко Плеш

Is it worth reading?

To answer questions about The Day of the Jackal, please sign up.
Joy A brilliant suspense novel. I strongly recommend it. Some people who prefer non-stop action will find the assassin's preparation too cerebral.
Philip Lane Definitely. Very strong plot with plenty of suspense even though we know from history that the assassination never took place. I prefer character led narratives but couldn't put this down.
Mike MacDee The book was so successful it inspired a number of aspiring political assassins to chase their dream careers. I'd call that a big, fat yes!
Frans van der Mark I would certainly say so. It is a very strong plot with real suspense. I found it very hard to put down.
TK Best MANHUNT novel of all time!
Sxe What joy said..
Jennifer Royan 10% in and strongly annoyed by the HEAVY use of action sequences and lack of character development. If you like this sort of thing (I do not)...
Image for The Day of the Jackal