Ari
Ari asked Rebecca Donovan:

Hi, I'm a huge fan of your Breathing series, and one thing I really love about it is that I can really relate to it. A lot of authors try to tackle subjects like depression, but not too many get it right- speaking as someone with depression. It made me wonder though, how did you get it so, so right? Have you experienced such feelings, do you know people who have, were you following your instincts, or something else?

Rebecca Donovan I'd like to believe I'm a very empathetic person, able to connect with human emotion on many levels. So when I write, I submerse myself in the characters, letting their situation and reactions soak in until it's all I can feel. I believe most people have struggled with hardships in their lives, and have felt some degree of desolation, loneliness and sorrow. Although I have a degree in psychology, I do not claim to be an expert on the human psyche. But I am certainly human, and I believe this is what helps me to depict the spectrum of emotions that my characters express within the pages of my stories. I am pleased to know that I got it right. Thank you.