Goodreads asked I.M. Telling:

I.M. Telling The most minute moments sometimes find their ways into my stories. One crazy example is when I was driving my car. When I left where I was, I knew I had to use the restroom soon but I thought I could make it home without undo discomfort. Turns out I was wrong and halfway home - I either needed to rush or find a place to park the car and hope I could find a restroom.

In my writing, the character 'needing to go' chose driving fast. and he is pulled over for speeding. Other stresses in his life layered onto my character - resulting in the onset of a stroke. The officer is well trained and standing just outside his car when it happens so he calls in for the EMTs.

Point is, you can use your every day moments to add material to your stories.