Ivy
Ivy asked Kate Elliott:

First I wanted to say I absolutely LOVE the Spiritwalker books! Cat's physical and mental strength, her passion, and her feminist attitudes are so inspiring. There are many modern themes in the trilogy, but the love story between Cat and Andevai reminds me in some ways of the dynamic between Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy. Did Jane Austen, or any other classic author, provide some inspiration for their romance?

Kate Elliott Ivy, thank you so much! I had so much fun writing Cat and Andevai and their interactions. I'm so glad you enjoyed them.

In July 2013 I wrote a long post over Book Smugglers about influences for the Spiritwalker trilogy.

I should also mention another influence that I don't talk about in that post, one that my sister recognized: the screwball comedies of the 1930s, in which the heroine and hero banter with wit and competitiveness on their way to love.

All best wishes,

Kate Elliott